Using the Sunlight to convert into to electric power for your home can help reduce your electricity bills and your carbon footprint.
Unlike other sources of electricity from the power grid, solar energy is green, clean and renewable. Using best and most efficient solar panels release no greenhouse gases and they don’t pollute the environment.
In this post, I don’t want to write about technical specifications, I try to release some main information which easy to follow for readers.
The advantages and disadvantages of using solar panels power:
- Solar energy source is a completely renewable resource.
- Solar energy source does not cause pollution.
- Very little maintenance cost is needed to keep solar cells running.
- Solar power can be used in distant areas where it is too expensive to extend the electricity power grid.
- Large areas of land to capture the suns energy.
- Solar panels can be expensive to install resulting in a time-lag of
- many years for savings on energy bills to match initial investments.
- Solar power is used to charge batteries so that solar powered devices can be used at night. The battery systems can often be big and heavy, taking up space and needing to be replaced from time to time.
What is a Best Solar Panel?
A best solar panel is a collection of solar cells. Solar panels, also known as photovoltaic, are devices that convert the sun light into electricity . Lots of small solar cells spread over a large area can work together to provide enough power to be useful.
Solar Power is considered “Renewable Energy” because…
- The technology used to convert the solar panels power into electricity does not produce smoke (carbon dioxide and other air pollutants).
- Tapping the solar energy does not usually destroy the environment.
Some device work with solar panels:
- Charge controller: will help to control the energy from solar panel power to battery without overcharging.
- Battery: will store energy from solar panels.
- Inverter: will change DC volt into AC volt.
Some terminology about Solar Panel Power:
- Solar Cell: This is semiconductor part that converts sunlight into direct current (DC) electricity.
- Module: Solar modules consist of solar cell circuits sealed in an environmentally protective laminate and are the fundamental building block of solar systems.
- Solar Panel: Includes one or more solar modules assembled as a pre-wired, field-installable unit.
- Array: a solar array is the complete power-generating unit, consisting of any number of solar modules and panels
Why to choose Solar Panel Power ?
The main factors why you need to have a solar panel for your home:
- Taxes – Your local government may offer you a rebate when you have one!
- Savings – Never worry about large electricity bills once more!
- Free Power – You can use the appliances inside your home for free!
- Affordable Power – Never worry about the price of your power bill going up.
- Going Green – This may assist make your house much more environmentally friendly.
- House Value – The value of your house will go up!
- Easy to install and use – You don’t have a technician for installation and maintenance.
- Long lifespan (15 to 25 year old) with low maintenance cost.
- Little or no maintenance required.
With solar power you will lower your monthly utility bills, get energy independence and help create a better environment and a better future for yourself and social benefits. It’s easy to do, easy to use with, and most importantly it pays for itself!
How to the Solar Panels Power work ?
Look at the picture above, this illustration for how to best solar panels power work.
Solar Panels: will convert the sunlight to DC volt energy.
Charge Controller: A charge controller/charge regulator is basically a voltage and current regulator to keep batteries from over-charging. It regulates the voltage and current from the solar panels going to the battery. Most 12 DC volt panels put out about 16 to 20 DC volts, so if there is no regulation the batteries will be damaged from overcharging. Most batteries need around 14 to 14.5 DC volts to get fully charged.
Battery System: Will store energy (DC volt) from solar panels via charge controller. Without batteries to store energy you will only have power when the sun was shining. Battery will supply DC power for some devices but many devices need AC power that why we use inverter to covert DC into AC power.
Inverter: The inverter converts DC power stored in batteries or other DC power sources into the AC electrical power (power grip is AC volt ). That for many home appliances as pumps, and motors, TV, fan, refrigerator…
Which the Solar Panels are Best Efficiency?
There is lot of different types of affordable solar panel, from a range of manufacturers on market. Remember that the best solar panels type may be different depending on your needs and location!
Monocrystalline cells are made from a single crystal of ultra pure silicon. Mono cells are typically a little more expensive since they’re a little more difficult to produce. The benefit of mono cells is that they perform slightly better under low light conditions equating to better production on cloudy days.
- Good monocrystalline power-to-size ratio: efficiency typically within the range of 135-170 Watts per m2 (13-17%, with notable exceptions).
- Outstanding performance in cooler and clouds conditions.
- Some leading units now have over 18% conversion efficiency.
- Previously the most popularly used technology in the world, with over 50 years of technological development.
- Excellent life span / longevity. Usually come with a 25yr warranty.
Polycrystalline cells are made up of multiple crystals and are generally less expensive to manufacture than mono cells. Polycrystalline panels are made up of many crystals, this means that they also absorb less sunlight and produce slightly less than mono cells per metre squared.
- Good conversion efficiency: typically 120-150 Watts per m2 (12-15%, with notable exceptions).
- Generally speaking, less expensive to produce than monocrystalline.
- A bit better performance in hotter conditions (lower heat derating coefficient)
- Excellent life span / longevity. Usually come with 25yr warranty.
3. Amorphous Thin Film:
A thin-film solar cell (TFSC), also called a thin-film photovoltaic cell (TFPV), is a solar cell that is made by depositing one or more thin layers (thin film) of photovoltaic material on a substrate. Thickness of film varies from a few nanometers to tens of micrometers.
- Low efficiency: typically 60-80 Watts/m2 (6-8%, with notable exceptions).
- Long life is less than crystalline panels.
- Good efficiency in hot weather, less effective in cooler conditions.
- 3-6 month ‘breaking in’ period where long term output is exceeded.
- Requires 2-3 times more solar panels and surface area for same output as crystalline.
What basic equipment and accessories will you need for using Most Efficient Solar Panels Power ?
Of course, you have to a best solar panel first and then here are some solar panel equipments and accessories you might also need:
High quality Charge Controller is necessary because the excessive voltage from solar panels could damage the batteries. When the input voltage rises, the charge controller regulates the charge to the batteries protecting any overcharging.
- A good deep cycle battery to store the power generated by your panel.
- If you want to run AC (mains) equipment s from the battery power you’ll need an Inverter to convert DC into AC.
- Sensitive or high power electrical equipment and computers work best with a pure sine wave inverter.
- And some parts like: solar panel mounts, cables, plugs, sockets…
Solar energy is becoming more popular and most efficient in the world. Save monthly electric bills, protecting environment, easy to install, very little or no maintenance required, using for a long time (over 20 year old) are benefits when choosing solar energy.
I hope you have more useful information about Best Solar Panels and using Most Efficient Solar Panels for your house.